Locks and Security System Warranty Service
PLC products surpassed various quality assurance tests for performance and reliability. Additionally, PLC provides a two-year product warranty for mechanical locks, electronic locks and security systems sold by PLC retail shops and authorized dealers. For product(s) originally installed by PLC technicians, the customer can enjoy first year free on-site maintenance service and parts replacement, and second year free carry-in maintenance service. In product warranty period, customer can enjoy free component change and repair services. Warranty period of mechanical and electronic locks will commence from the purchase date as shown on sales invoice, while warranty period of security systems will commence from the installation date.
VIDEO DOORPHONE AND DOOR ACCESS CONTROL WARRANTY SERVICE
PLC provides a one-year product warranty for video doorphone and door access control sold by PLC retail shops and authorized dealers. For product(s) originally installed by PLC technicians, the customer can enjoy one-year free on-site maintenance service and parts replacement; for product(s) not installed by PLC technicians, customer can enjoy one-year free carry-in maintenance service and parts replacement.
General Terms and Conditions
- This warranty is valid for Hong Kong SAR only.
- Customer claims require both original warranty card and original invoice to be presented.
- Installation and transportation costs are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty card will not be re-issued if lost.
- For product(s) intended for home use transferred for commercial application; or product(s)not approved for outdoor use being installed in outdoor or semi-outdoor location, the said warranty will be invalid immediately.
- If the product should become a discontinued or obsolete model and/or no components can be supplied, PLC shall offer a compatible replacement product to carry out the remainder of the warranty period.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- In any case of discrepancies between Chinese and English versions of this Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- The PLC Group reserves all rights to make final decision.
Special Terms and Conditions (for product(s) installed by PLC technicians)
- Customer must present the relevant invoice and job order form to enjoy the warranty service for maintenance.
- For product(s) intended for home use transferred for commercial application; or product(s) not approved for outdoor use being installed in outdoor or semi-outdoor location, the said warranty will be invalid immediately.
- Cancellation or change of date and time of the Service will not be accepted without 3 working days notification in advance.
- Our technicians will re-confirm the scheduled booking by telephone prior to installation arrival time. If our technician cannot contact the customer or authorized person before the booking time, the booking will be automatically cancelled. If the booking needs to be re-scheduled due to the above said reason, administrative fee of HK$100 will be charged.
- In the event of Black Rainstorm Warning or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above is hoisted, the Service on that day will be cancelled. The Service will be re-scheduled on the other working day without additional charge. Any service charges paid by customer will not be refunded.
- Installation and on-site maintenance service is not applicable to locations outside Hong Kong. If the location is difficult to be reached by public transport, additional fee of HK$100 or above will be charged. (Not including outlying islands)
- Any service charges paid by customer are not refundable and cannot be transferred to other job order or other product purchase.
- PLC will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss, damages, cost incurred, or damage of property caused by the Service.
- The maximum liability for this Service is limited to the unit price of the product (excluding installation charge) as shown on the sales invoice, and will not exceed this amount under any circumstance.
- Customer should inspect the job and premises done by the technician and sign the Job Order Form to acknowledge acceptance of products and services completed. PLC will not be responsible for any claims of damages thereafter.
- During the warranty period, all maintenance service and parts shall be provided by PLC. If the product has been repaired or modified by any unauthorized third party, the warranty will become invalid immediately. Any losses or responsibilities should be borne by the customer.
- If our technician indicates any improper use or maintenance of the products, or any damages cause by negligence, warranty will not be applicable. If customer requires maintenance service under such situation, service and parts fee will be charged separately.
- On-site warranty for maintenance is applicable for servicing product malfunction only. General daily use and operations under normal environment are excluded (i.e. change of batteries, oil lubrication, cleaning, user setting) from scope of the two-year product warranty.
- The first year free On-site Maintenance Service will be normally provided within office hour i.e. 9:30am – 6:00pm from Monday to Saturday. No Service will be on Sunday and Public Holiday.
- Official PLC warranty & services are offered by designated authorized dealers only. Products sold via third party resellers may not be entitled to any warranty claims whatsoever.
For further enquiries to above Terms & Conditions, please contact PLC for details.